Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Show & Tell




1. If you were searching for a home now, tell me what would be on your "MUST" list.

There are several things that were on my must have list for our first home, but several didn't happen. There are also a few that I have learned are must haves for the next house. Included on this list:
  • BIG kitchen with tons of cupboard space, counters and an island (HUGE problem in our current home)
  • Laundry room on same level as (at least the master) bedrooms
  • At least 2 bathrooms (we currently have 2.5)
  • At least 3 (preferably 4) bedrooms (one for each child plus guest bedroom)
  • An office
  • A three stall garage or at least 2 plus room for workspace for hubby
  • At least an acre of land (we currently are squished on 1/4 of an acre)
  • Tons of storage space
  • Large closet(s)...at least in the master
  • Private master bath with soaker tub
Can you tell I've thought about it a few times?!


2. Show me your favorite room in a home {either your home, or any home, i.e. kitchen}.



Obviously not my kitchen, but this would be AMAZING! I definitely believe that the most important room in a home for me would be the kitchen.

3. If you could have any room redone, tell me which one would it be and what would you like done?
If I could redo any room in my home, it would be my kitchen. The problem is that we are lacking space to do much. We would have to put an addition out the backside of our house and at least double the current size. I would add more counter/cupboard space, rearrange the appliances (at least the refrigerator), take out the peninsula and add a large island with seating on one side.

Again, can you tell I've thought about that a few times?!

4. Tell me where your favorite stores are to shop for home decor.
Right now we're not really in the position to shop for home decor, but I love target, marshalls/TJ Maxx and Ikea. But I hear Home Goods is pretty amazing too. I need to visit sometime soon!

5. Show me your dream home {it can be your home as well}


Gorgeous home! I hope to have something as beautiful as this someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment