Thursday, August 23, 2012

10 Day Challenge - 9 Loves



I'm a little late for the 10 day Challenge, but here it goes anyways. Today I'll tell you what my 9 loves are!

NINE LOVES

ONE

My husband, Kevin & the rest of my family. Do I really need to explain this one? Kevin is amazing and does so much for me. I don't know what I'd do without him. My family is pretty great. My mom is one of my best friends and I confide in her about a lot of things. My sister is also one of my best friends. Without these two being as supportive as they are, I don't know what I would do. My dad is very supportive too, but in his own 'tough love' sort of way...


My family & I on our wedding day
TWO 
Our st. bernard, Teddy. He is a pretty sweet dog. The best dog I (honestly) have ever been around. He is laid back and just likes to realize. He is not high strung, prefers sleeping over barking & he is so stinking adorable!


THREE 
Chocolate. I absolutely 100% LOVE chocolate. It could be ice cream, cookies, cakes, candy...I'm not super picky when it comes to chocolate (unless it has mint in it...weird, I know). A few loves all in one picture...

Ghirardelli ice cream shop in Chicago!


Which brings me to my next love...
FOUR

Chicago! I do not know why, but I have always had a fascination with Chicago. Possibly since the only large city in Michigan is Detroit...I wouldn't consider that a city to look forward to visiting (unless you're going to a Tigers game!). Over the last year, Kevin and I have visited twice. Once for our anniversary in December and again last month! Here is a picture from our anniversary trip.

Who doesn't love 'the bean'?!
FIVE
My friends. I really do believe that I have amazing friends. I have really learned over the years who my true friends are and I would do anything for them. I have also made some great friends in grad school. Here is a picture of my amazing friends from high school

I'm a Facebook thief...from my friend Emily's wedding in May. Emily & Tara.

SIX
Country Music. Growing up it wasn't something I told people because that wasn't what was 'in' at the time. Now I love love love it even more and go to concerts at least once a year. This year I am looking forward to seeing Carrie Underwood for the first time in November. 

One of my all time favorite concerts what Rascal Flatts. My friend, Tara, and I had HORRIBLE seats. I'm talking very last row in the very top of the arena. But we won meet & greet passes :)

Last year I saw Josh Turner & Montgomery Gentry and the Grand Ole Opry. I have also seen Jason Aldean (3 times), Taylor Swift, Luke Bryan, Jake Owen, Lady Antebellem, Sugarland and several others.

SEVEN
James Patterson books. My mom got me started reading his books when I was in high school. At one point I had read every single book that he had released. Today, I am quite far behind and have several years worth of books to catch up on. He is an amazing author of murder mystery (he's written a few that aren't though) books that are very fast paced and easy to read.

EIGHT
Shopping. I know, I know...what woman DOESN'T love to shop? I really don't get to shop very frequently since my husband & I are both going through grad school right now, but I love to at every opportunity. Heck, I like shopping for kitchen supplies, house decorations & food...

NINE
Lastly, I love to travel. This is another thing I don't get to do very often. I didn't fly on a plane until I was 17 years old and a senior in high school. This was on a trip to Los Cabos, Mexico with my aunt, uncle and their two sons. This is when I realized I LOVE to fly. 

My second trip in a airplane was actually to go skydiving! It was something I vowed NEVER to do as I have a fear of heights and it is kinda dangerous...but I didn't realize the incredible drive it gives you for your over protective dad to say 'You'll never do it!' Well I took that as a challenge and my 15 year old cousin & I (Mexico doesn't have an age restriction) went skydiving. I was hooked to this awesome, bald Canadian and had an absolute blast! It was something I will ABSOLUTELY do again (its expensive though!) and I can't wait.

Since flying for the first time to Mexico I have flown to Hawaii (honeymoon, December 2009) and again to Mexico in November of 2010 with my in-laws. 


So what are your 9 loves?!

5 comments:

  1. You're so right about Detroit not exactly being a destination to get excited about! I haven't been to Chicago in a while, trying to get my husband to take me soon to visit some old friends. That's so cool that you're going to the Carrie Underwood concert! I just saw Darius Rucker yesterday, but that's the only concert I've been to.
    And I can't imagine loving to fly....I hate it. But then, I've also had to take multiple 16+ hour plane trips in the past, so I think I just got too much of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet the Darius Rucker concert was good! & I don't know why I love flying so much...haha just do!

      Delete
  2. I love James Patterson too! I have tons of his books, so if you ever want to borrow any, let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for country music! I'm definitely a fan too. :-)

    ReplyDelete