Thursday, August 23, 2012

30 before 30 + future bucket list items

It seems as though many bloggers have a 30 things to do before I turn 30 list. I guess it's my turn ;) I have about 7 years to kick this list in the butt! 

There are many items I know I won't get to before I turn 30, so those are listed at the bottom. Several of these are quite random & not very extravagant, but definitely things I want to do in my life!


30 Things to Do Before I Turn 30
  (start date: August 23rd, 2012; end date: May 18th, 2019)
  1. Graduate from grad school
  2. Go to Disney World
  3. Be in my healthy weight range
  4. Go to Alaska
  5. Go skydiving (again)
  6. Go snorkeling (even though I really don't want to)
  7. Don't drink pop (yes, I said pop. I'm from Michigan) for a whole month
  8. Have a baby (okay, two babies!)
  9. Make a Pinterest recipe every day for a month
  10. Master my SLR camera & all its settings
  11. Learn Photoshop
  12. Have all student/car loans paid off
  13. Find (and buy) our dream home
  14. Visit one (or more) of Guy Fieri's Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives restaurants
  15. Ride in a hot air balloon
  16. Go to a baseball game at Fenway Park
  17. Go on a cruise
  18. Have a job I love
  19. Keep in touch (& hopefully visit) with my college friends
  20. Maintain a blog to document my pregnancy and my child(ren)'s growth
  21. Donate to my Alma mater
  22. Ride a Segway
  23. Stay at a bed & breakfast
  24. Start a scrapbook for my child(ren)
  25. Learn to (nicely) decorate a cake
  26. Sit front row for an awesome concert
  27. Go to Mexico (again)
  28. Run a 5k
  29. Go on a girls only vacation with my mom & sister
  30. Visit Niagara Falls

Our view from the top of Diamond Head Crater in Honolulu, Hawaii!


Bucket List Items
(I'll take as much time as needed. FOREVER)
  • Visit Europe (Ireland, Germany, France, England, Greece or Italy)
  • Attend the Superbowl
  • See a World Series game (preferably one with the Tigers playing)
  • Go to the Olympics
  • Spend New Years in Time Square 
  • Go to Australia
  • Drive across the US
  • Fly first class
  • Own my own photography business
  • Actually fill a walk in closet (in my dream home)
  • Help my children pay for college
  • Go on anniversary trips for big anniversaries (possibly 10, 15, 20, 25, 30...)
  • Learn a new language
  • Experience weightlessness
  • Go whale watching
  • Go on a safari & see giraffes
  • Get our own dog (September 2010 - Teddy)
  • Get our own kitty (April 2010 - Koli)
  • See Angel Falls (Venezuala)
  • See the redwoods in California
  • Go to the Great Wall of China
  • See an active volcano (Hawaii??)
  • Go to Grand Canyon
  • Go to Las Vegas
  • Ride a cablecar
  • Get a makeover
  • Meet a President of the USA
  • Always have an up to date will
  • Own a piece of Tiffany's & Co jewelery
  • Get married (December 2009)
  • Volunteer at an animal shelter
  • See a baseball game at Wrigley Field
  • Attend a MLB All-star game
  • Get a psychic reading
  • Go skydiving (April 2007)
  • Go to Hawaii (December 2009)
  • Go to Mexico (April 2007)
  • Buy a house (December 2010)
  • Get an iphone
  • Get my bachelors degree (April 2011)
  • Ride in a helicopter
  • Go to Washington DC
  • Visit the Empire State Building (November 2006)
  • Go to Ground Zero (NYC) (November 2006)
  • Bake an apple pie
  • Make homemade spaghetti sauce
  • Have a fish boil
  • See my child(ren) get married
  • Raise my child(ren) to eat healthy & be active
  • Live an active lifestyle
  • Love my body
  • Surprise the hubby with a special meal once a month
  • Take dance lessons (for the hubby) 
  • Own a 'fun' vehicle (probably a Jeep)
  • Go see the Statue of Liberty
  • Go to Ellis Island
  • Visit my close friends at least once each year (one friend is moving to South Dakota)
  •  Attend a Tigers game every year (We are going on Saturday 8/25/12)
  •  See the Golden Gate Bridge
  • Visit Mackinac Island at least every other year (We are going for hubby's work 9/22/12)
   
I have plenty of time to accomplish the items on my 30 before 30 list :) Wish me luck! 

What things are on your 30 before 30 or bucket lists? 

No comments:

Post a Comment